Sunday, June 12, 2011

Prayer:
         Prayer for A Deceased Mother

  O God, who hast commanded us to honor our Father and our Mother; in thy mercy have pity on the soul of our Mother, and forgive her her trespasses; and make me to see her again in the joy of everlasting brightness.  Through Christ our Lord.  Amen

  Eternal rest grant unto them oh Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them.  May the souls of the faithful departed throught the mercy of God rest in peace.  Amen


Gratitude:

  It was eleven years ago today that our mother was taken to Heaven and ended her journey upon this earth.
I'm sure I speak for my sisters when I say we are thankful for all the years we had her on this earth as our mother.  I knew her the longest since I am the oldest and maybe I have the most memories.  I am thankful I was able to spend her last Mothers Day with her and she was in the hospital at that time.  She was very sick from all the complications of years of rheumatoid arthrits- she had suffered in pain for many years.  When I saw her for Mother's Day, I always thought I would see her again in life but that was not to be.  She is resting in peace now and we rest with our memories. 

2 comments:

  1. Thoughtful posting Marcia.
    When I think of mom, I think of...
    -halloween costumes
    -sauerkraut and kielbasa
    -Easter decorations and celebrating Easter in the decorated basement
    -dad and mom dressed up for Halloween
    -making shell 'projects' in Florida
    and much more. Love you Mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nice memories of your mom, Marcia....she was a fun lady!! We will never stop missing our moms, will we???
    I'm so glad you are back blogging!! :D

    ReplyDelete