Thursday, January 20, 2011

Prayer

  This is a prayer that came to me in my grief journey after Tom died.  I wrote it down on a note card and keep it on my desk.  I just came across it again and it brings me comfort every time I read it.  I want to share it with you and ask you to pass it along to anyone you know who might find comfort in it.  

  He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds  ( Psalm 147: 3) 

Jesus, it's hard to imagine I will ever be healed.  Help me to remember that healing is not forgetting, but it is remembering with love and tenderness and joy.  
(from Grief Share- Your journey from Mourning to Joy)

Gratitude

   There was a big fire today at an apartment complex in Lubbock and about 60 people got out alive but some with just the clothes they were wearing- some without shoes or coats.  It was cold at the time- below 35 degrees.  I am so thankful I have a safe home and all the clothes and food I need.  Thankfully, the Red Cross and others are helping the people and things can be replaced.  I know I can help out with taking coats and clothes to the Red Cross so they can give them to those in need.  It will help me also to pass along Tom's sweaters, jackets and shoes to those who need them now.
  I am thankful. 

3 comments:

  1. Marcia...that is just beautiful...the prayer and the gratitude....Tom would be so happy that his things could help those who desperately need those things now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad about the fire but how nice that others (like yourself) are so willing to give. This is the second time I've checked your blog Marcia and it is just really nice. You're doing a GREAT job using the talents you have been blessed with. Thank you for doing this as it gives me a place to go and also reflect.
    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jan's comment, too! ;-]

    ReplyDelete