Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Prayer: 
  Sometimes I must drive her crazy, but she loves me anyway and never lets on.  She continuess to guard my heart and nurture my soul.  My sister is a true blessing in my life.

Betty Pearl Hooper  from the "Always My Sister" flip calendar


Gratitude:
   I get a lot of my quotes from a sister calendar that my sisters and I each have and look at each day.  It's a way for us to stay connected despite the distance. 
So I am thinking of my sisters today and continue to be thankful for them in my life.  What I like about this quote/ prayer is that you can substitute many other names for sister like.....  cousin, friend, spouse, brother, parent, neighbor.  You choose!! 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the prayer, Marcia! It is exactly how I think of Bren!
    And what a nice way to stay connected to your 2 Michigan sisters, with quotes!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy- I thought you would relate. I found this calendar 2 years ago so we are now on our 2nd go around! Its one of those that looks like a book but it stands up- do you know what I'm talking about. It has the dates but not a year so you can use it over and over. It's nice to see the year go by as you flip the page every day!
    I was able to clean up my blog a little and got rid of some of the words that were just hanging there! It's still a work in progress! Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know what you mean about the standing up calendar, so nice that you can use it for every year! I didn't notice that the top of your blog was cleaned up, it looks better!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marcia,
    I like that quote a lot and I agree the sister calendar is a nice way to stay connected while far away from each other.
    Love you..have a wonderful day!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete