Saturday, January 15, 2011

Prayer

Have unity of spirit, sympathy, love for one another, a tender heart and a humble mind.  Do not repay evil for evil or abuse for abuse; but on the contrary, repay with a blessing.  It is for this that you were called- that you might inherit a blessing. 

1 Peter 3: 8-9 nsrv

    I think this is a good prayer in light of last weeks tragedy in Tucson.  If any good will come of it, it will be that we will be more mindful of others and how we treat each other.  This could be in politics, our workplace, our schools, our personal daily lifes with family, friends and those we just come in contact with.  I like the idea of repaying with a blessing and inheriting a blessing.  I pray that when you read this, you will inherit a blessing within the next 24 hours!! 

Gratitude

    Today I have gratitude for a break in the cold weather.  It felt like spring this afternoon when I finally ventured out.  The sun was shining and there was no wind and the temp was close to 60.  Very nice! 
    I received my first issue of Oprah magazine today!  I haven't subscribed to a real magazine in years (except for AARP- ha!)  I look forward to reading it from cover to cover and just enjoying it a little bit at a time. I think she has one of the best magazines ever and this months copy tells me I can make my dreams real!!  There is a nice quote from Oprah on the cover also.  She says "Life is a big ol' canvas. And you have every combination of colors to paint with." 
   I have no artistic talent but I can paint in my mind and fill the canvas!!  I wish the same for you too, whoever you are reading this blog!! 

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful prayer, Marcia...and you mentioned that you don't have artistic talent, but you are a very creative and interesting writer! Keep up the great work! Fill your 'canvas' (blog) with plenty for us readers to read!

    ReplyDelete