Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prayer

My Prayer: 
   I pray for those who were shot last Saturday (Jan. 8) in Tucson, AZ.  Six people died and many others were wounded .  The main target of the attack was Congresswoman Gabby Giffords who was shot in the head at point blank range.  She survived and is making remarkable progress.  I pray that she continues to recover and can find her way back in some way to her family and her life before this tragedy.  I pray for the friends and families of those who died, that they may find some comfort in the time they had together.. Their ages ranged from 9 years to 79 years and it's not necessarily the quantity of life they had because the youngest one touched so many in her short stay on this earth. The older ones had more time to make special memories.
   I pray for the family of the shooter.  They did not raise their child to be a killer and they can not make sense of it themselves.  I also want to pray for the shooter and ask God why this happened.  This person never found his way to God - not everyone is on the road to God. 

My Gratitude:
  I am thankful for those who put themselves in danger to save others.  Congresswoman Giffords had an intern who was on the job for only 5 days and he put himself between bullets to save her.  Other people did the same and lost their own life's in the process.  I am thankful there are more good people in the world than those who will shoot down good people in cold blood.  I am thankful for the medical technology we have to save life's of those who suffer catastrophic events like this. I am thankful my family and friends are currently safe to my knowlege and I am thankful that I had another day on this earth to think about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment